Woodlands Co-operative Academy is a large inner city primary school situated in inner East Leeds. We have had a successful OFSTED inspection in 2014 and are a rapidly developing school. We have a committed, hard-working and optimistic staff and fantastic, friendly and hardworking children. Our parents and wider community are very supportive of the school.
As an Academy sponsored by the Co-operative Group, we ensure that values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity govern our work, as does our commitment to openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others. We are a culturally diverse academy and we are committed to providing the best possible education for our children. Our curriculum and the consistent approach to behaviour and attitudes results in a welcoming positive climate; where children are welcomed whatever their background and educational history and quickly become part of the school community.
The Academy is part of the Co-operative Academies Trust (CAT), a multi-academy trust with academies in Leeds, Manchester and Stoke-on-Trent.
Benefits of working for us:
- A high level of support
- Very good professional development opportunities and in service training package
- A friendly and positive staff team
- Friendly and hard-working children
- Supportive parents
- As one of four Primary Academies within the Co-operative Academies Trust we can offer a valuable support system from a strong and growing network of partner schools.
- The opportunity to work under the ethics and values of our sponsor, the Co-operative Group.
- Co-operative Academies Trust benefits package including discount gym memberships & leisure offers, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, Co-op Credit Union, season ticket & rental deposit loans, cash-back healthcare scheme and co-operative discount offers.
Woodlands Co-operative Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.